The following grades are full and only waiting lists positions are available:
- Grade 1
- Grade 3
- Grade 6
- Grade 7
- Grade 8
- Grade 9
- Grade 10
- Grade 11
- Grade 12
Student applications for the 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 school years are accepted at the Kaohsiung American School. Since applications are processed in the order that they are received, parents are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible. Admissions decisions will be made in a timely manner based upon the assessment results, returning student re-enrollment and space availability.
The following documentation is necessary for students applying to Kaohsiung American School. All documents and fees must be received before a student can be considered for admission. (Admissions Checklist)
1. A completed and signed application form. Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
2. Admissions testing is required of each student prior to admission to the school. Payment of a non-refundable assessment fee of NT $3500 (please note: cash payments can be made only in NT$, and need to be made directly to the Main office). This does not guarantee enrollment.
3. Academic records in English:*
- One year of academic records for students applying to grades K or 1
- At least two full years and up-to-date current year's academic records for students applying to grades 2 to 8
- At least three years and up-to-date current year's academic records for students applying to grade 9 and above
*Records in other languages will not be accepted. It is the responsibility of the applicant's parents to have records translated into English.
4. Recent standardized test scores, if available
5. Records of any special needs testing (if applicable)
6. A photocopy of the student's passport
7. Two recent passport-sized photos
Other Important Information:
A completed application form assumes that the applicant agrees to comply with all posted KAS rules and regulations.
Students who have not completed a full year of a given grade by the fall entrance date will be required to re-enroll in the same grade level.
Students in grades 1 through 12 will be given an English Language Test as deemed appropriate by school personnel. On the basis of the test scores received, the students will either be: 1) accepted into the regular program; 2) accepted into the ELL program; or 3) advised to seek admission in an alternative school. (ELL/TAP Guidelines)
Only the KAS administration is charged with making admissions decisions. The judgment of the Director in these matters is final. Admissions Office staff have been directed not to make or offer judgments regarding student qualifications. Please do not ask Admissions Office personnel to judge your child's qualifications or accept staff predictions regarding your child's ultimate admissions status. Such judgments will not be considered binding on the KAS administration.
Admission to KAS is governed by KAS Board of Director policy, which provides priority criteria for admissions. A student's standing on the wait lists may change, depending on the applications of other students with higher priority.
Seat guarantee holders must qualify for admission to the school under the same requirements as those students who do not hold seat guarantees.
Acceptance to KAS will be formally notified via an official letter, which will also indicate the start date.